Hourglass The Edit Palette Review



Today the most expensive and most beautiful package arrived at my door today. The Hourglass Edit Palette. I'd seen this on the internet and all over Youtube at Christmas time, but the £65 price tag at that time of year (other people need presents too!) put me off...so I kept staring at it until it had sold out and forgot about the whole ordeal.
I've always toyed with the idea of purchasing a Blush or Powder from Hourglass but I never got round to it. Until a week ago news was out that this little palette was back in stock at Space NK with limited stocks. In the basket it went and I never looked back.

The packaging is gorgeous. A smooth golden pebble a little bit bigger than the size of my hand, and inside are 6 shimmering powders. 2 blushes, 1 bronzer and 3 finishing powders.

The 3 Finishing Powders are:
Iridescent Light - a soft pink pearl for a refined glow on the complexion.
Dim Light - a neutral peach powder that blurs imperfections and highlights.
Diffused Light - A soft warm, pale yellow to conceal redness and gives skin clarity.

The 2 Blushes are:
Luminous Flush - A champagne rose, with a candlelight glimmer and gives a healthy sheen.
Mood Exposure - A Mauve/Plum to brighten the complexion

The Bronzer:
Luminous Bronze Light - A medium tan shade with lumnious light for a soft focus tan.

Since using the palette I've found that it gives my skin a healthy looking glow from within look, and the blushers give a healthy flush to the cheeks. Even though the bronzer is shimmery, it gives a gorgous sunkissed look.

My favourite picks would be:
Dim Light - used all over the face for a soft focas look
Mood Exposure Blush - the perfect colour to compliment my skin tone

Worth £65? Yes. I've tried high street equivalents and nothing quite compares! (Although the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush are a pretty good dupe for the blushers!)

You can find the palette on Space NK




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog