Fitbit Flex Review



I'd never seen or heard of the Fitbit Flex before; so when my boyfriend mentioned he was going to buy one, I instantly hit Google to find out what the hell he was on about.

Turns out its a fitness wristband. After a read and a look at all the different styles you could get; I quickly replied to my boyfriend with 'I want one too!.' I chose a teal coloured band, whilst he chose the black one.

I've played with pedometer apps on my phone before but found them inaccurate and battery draining, so was excited to see what this had to offer

It arrived within 2 days and as soon as I had unwrapped it I plugged it in to my computer and was away! It's super simple - just plug a small USB dongle into your laptop/tablet, charge it up with the charger and download the software, and away you go. It took about 5 minutes to set up and figured out which is what I like. The dongle and app on your phone sync's in with your Fitbit to update the amount of steps and calories burnt that day. You can update it as often or as little as you like. But you can always see your progress by tapping on the band as it will show you a percentage of your daily goal.

The band itself is for housing the small pedometer style gadget which has 5 lights displayed on it to show what mode its in, and how your doing with your daily progress.You get a small and a large size in the pack which is handy..as I get my boyfriends black one too! Other colours can be purchased separately too.

So...what can it do? Well it tracks how many steps you've taken and with the app it allows you to set goals and see when you are most active and how many miles you've walked. It also tracks your sleep, which I find really interesting. All you do is a few simple taps on the gadget - it turns into sleep mode and monitors your movements when you sleep. Very interesting to see how restless I am compared to the other half who apparently sleeps like a log! You can also set a vibrating alarm to subtlety wake you up in the mornings.

The best thing about the Fitbit is the software and the app. Its beautifully done and is simple to use and understand and breaks everything down. It's also compatible with lots of different apps - weight watchers, my fitness pal and many more. I've synced mine with My Fitness Pal to track what I eat and input my calories seamlessly.

Its super comfy to wear - so much so that I forget I'm wearing it. I wear it to bed, in the shower (water resistant) and to work.

The only gripe I have is my teal coloured band seems to attract dirt....it's already a little mis-coloured from work...so I might swap to the black one for work purposes...which is a shame.

If your after a fairly affordable fitness tracker I highly recommend the Fitbit Flex. They have other ranges with more features, but this one suits my lifestyle and purpose perfectly. The battery life is excellent too, it's lasted about 5 days and takes 3 hours to fully charge.

If your interested in a new gadget to fit in with your lifestyle, you can find it here cheapest.
Do you have a fitness tracker? What do you use yours for?


1 comments:

  1. I was deciding between this and the Jawbone version, and I think I'm going to pick this one up now!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog