Home Inspiration

Hopefully in the next few months myself and my boyfriend will be moving into our very own house. We are currently residing in a rented 2 bed flat, which has been our home for just over a year now. We pretty much have all the furniture we need, but I want to make our new house a home. The problem with renting is you can't really make it 'yours.' 

The first two rooms I want to get my hands on is the lounge and the bathroom.
The lounge is a nice big L-shape and has so much potential. I'm currently in between color schemes for this room. Do I go down the 'woodland' theme with greens and browns, or go for an ultra modern approach with crisp white walls and copper features. Our sofas are a dark brown so both these themes will be easy enough to incorporate the sofas into. Next at home have some gorgeous offerings at the moment.I really like the idea of muted green colors and wooden furniture. It feels fresh and clean but with a nice home like feeling. I love decorations with deer's and woodland critters on so I would certainly incorporate those into the room.
In terms of adding copper...I could easily incorporate a few statement pieces into the room. There are some gorgeous copper pieces I have my eye on from Oliver Bonas. The copper letters and mirror fixings are to die for. It's like rose gold goodness spread out over your home. There's also a beautiful statement lamp from Next at Home in the Oslo range I have my eye on.

For the bathroom I need to knock a few walls down and re-arrange the set up of the bathroom. It's currently a toilet with a separate bathroom. So we plan on knocking that wall down to create a nice large space with enough room for a bath (I love a good bath!) and super duper shower. I want a clean and crisp bathroom so maybe white tiles, or a nice creamy stone effect. Next at Home have some gorgeous nautical themed home wares in at the moment, so f it was to be crisp and white I would have a cheeky lighthouse and anchor in there somewhere!
I've been scouring the internet for some ideas, but I probably won't know until we move in.
I might have to get onto Pinterest and start getting some inspiration! 


Expect more of these posts, especially once we move in, interior design really interest me, and now I've finally got the chance to do it in my own little house.




2 comments:

  1. Super cool! Have a nice day, sweetie!!

    Do you like this dress?


    Algo pasa con Mary | Please, join my International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have some fabulous ideas, your next chapter sounds super exciting! :)


    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog